I’m a gadget collector. I love love LOVE kitchen gadgets, but only if they are something that does something that I couldn’t do on my own, unless it’s really cool and a multi tasker…or really functional or just plain cool. So, it will come as no surprise to you if I say I have a rotisserie machine. But, unlike most people who own one, I actually use mine. They are unbelievable and it makes the best roast beef, ever. You can also use a rotisserie attachment for your gas BBQ. Anyways this isn’t really a recipe… just a simple how to.
1. Let your meat sit at room temperature for awhile (not strictly necesary, but I’ve read it’s supposed to make your meat cook better…browning and stuff)
2. Pour your choices of seasonings and herbs onto a cutting board.
3. Rub the meat in the herb mixture
4. Stick the meat on the rotisserie skewer
5. Plug in the machine and let it cook
6. Check it a lot sooner than you’d think, the meat cooks quite quickly. enjoy.
Tonight’s roast is coated in McCormick’s garlic and herb mixture, Montreal Steak seasoning (buy both at costco for the best bang for your buck) and a little of my favorite seasoning…mustard powder (I put it on EVERYTHING)